Robert K. (Bob) Welty
Market President, West Virginia
Responsibilities: As market president for Fifth Third Bank, Bob coordinates business development and decision making activities for the bank’s Retail, Commercial and Wealth and Asset Management divisions in West Virginia.
Experience: Bob has more than 30 years of financial services experience. Prior to being named market president, he was Senior Vice President of the bank’s wealth and asset management division. He joined the bank in 2004 as head of Fifth Third Private Bank. Prior to Fifth Third, Bob held various senior management positions in the financial services industry.
Education: Bob is a graduate of the University of Charleston and has completed numerous financial services designations.
Awards: Bob was named to the inaugural class of West Virginia Executive Magazine’s “Sharpshooters”, symbolic of the top business leaders who make West Virginia a better place to live, work and grow, in 2016. Bob recently received the Fifth Third Bank Summit Award. This is our company’s highest award for teamwork and collaboration.
Community Involvement: Bob is serving, or has served, on numerous boards and committees in West Virginia:
- MATRIC Board of Directors: chairman of the Audit Committee
- West Virginia University College of Business & Economics Visiting Committee
- Mary’s Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors: Past Chairman
- West Virginia Jobs Investment Trust Board of Directors: Vice-Chairman
- YMCA Spirit of the Valley: Vice-Chairman
- First Presbyterian Church of Charleston: Trustee
- Rotary Club of Charleston: Member of Board of Directors and President- Elect
- Buckskin Council Boy Scouts of America: Friends of Scouting Chairman Elect
- West Virginia CEO Roundtable: Member of Board of Directors